When teaching the curveball to a pitcher, you want to teach an effective curveball.
There are 5 keys to an effective curveball.
- Create Maximum Top Spin
- Use Fastball Arm Action
- Incorporate Appropriate Leverage
- Release Producing Vertical Break
- Linear Finish in Proper Fielding Position
It is easier to teach new things through isolation drills.
Here are the 5 drills recommended in the article:
- Two Knee Laydown Spinners
- Two Knee Arm Swing Spinners
- Getting to the Kickstand
- Step-Behind Spinners
- Double Bounce Karate Chops